Skipped Documents tab
Sometimes during processing documents some file might be damages and for any reason ReplaceMagic cannot open them. Also if document processing is manually stopped or some configuration parameter values are reached documents might be listed here.
Entries here will help provide some information why documents were not processed.
In case that error messages are like:
You can import those document and process them separatelly. To do that just click on "Import Skipped Files":
Those documents will be imported under Scan Documents tab with prefix Files: and ReplaceMagic will know that it has to process them next time when you click on Scan Documents.
Documents stored in SharePoint - Skipped Documents after replacement process:
- In case that during replacement process with documents stored in SharePoint some of them are skipped due to following error codes:
Document bigger than set limit
Document processing manually stopped
Document processing timeout reached
Error code 429 => SharePoint Throttling
Error code 503 => SharePoint Throttling
you will have possibility to prepare them for reprocessing immediately after initial replacement process is done by simple click on one button.
1. When replacement process is done in dashboard you will see how many documents are skipped:
2. If you click on Additional Info tab
You will see all documents that are skipped with reasons why.
In case that you see documents with above mentioned errors by clicking on "Reprocess SharePoint files" ReplaceMagic will create collection of only those documents which you have to process immediately by going to Search & Replace tab where you will run everything exactly the same.
1. In case that documents where skipped due to document size they will be skipped again except if you do not change maximum size of file. See Configuration => parameter "Skip files bigger than"
2. If documents were skipped due to timeout to be able to process them you will need to increase timeout parameter. See Configuration => parameters "Maximum time to process document" and "Wait time to close document processing".
3. If documents were skipped due to SharePoint throttling (errors 429 and/or 503) there are two options:
a). reduce number of documents to be processed in parallel => see Configuration => parameter "Parallel document processing". As a smaller helper you can also use "Decrease workload during SharePoint Throttling"
b) Wait with processing few hours to allow that SharePoint lifts throttling limits. Please do not close ReplaceMagic as skipped files will be also gone.
In case of option 1 we would recommend to set parameter "Parallel document processing" to 1 so that documents are sequentially process one by one. In case that SharePoint allows that you enable parameter "Optimize workload" as that will increase number of documents for parallel process for one every X documents. Please keep in mind that parameter "SharePoint workload safety belt" is also enabled.
"Reprocessing SharePoint files" is visible only when selected scan location starts with http(s).
Additional remark - you can repeat "Reprocess SharePoint files" after each replacement process, basically, as long as you do not have any document skipped with above mentioned error messages.